Very Simple Banana Bread Recipe
We all love bananas right? They are a popular and highly nutritious fruit that can be found in pretty much every country around the world. They are the second most exported fruit across the globe after tomatoes, if you can really class them as a fruit in the conventional style. There are hardly any calories in a banana to worry about and they taste delicious, but eating them on their own all the time can get a little boring, even for the biggest banana fans out there.
With this in mind I thought that I would share a very quick and easy banana bread recipe that I picked up over the weekend when staying with some friends. Trust me you do not need to be a Gordan Ramsay in the kitchen to be able to make this, and I would like to make the point that if I can make it, then anyone can!
Ingredients for my very simple banana bread recipe
So first things first, I am going to list here the ingredients that you are going to need for this very simple banana bread recipe. These are all things that you will likely have in the kitchen, if not they are all easily located at any local store or supermarket.
* 4 bananas, the riper (or browner) the better
* 1/3 cup of butter
* 1 egg
* 1 teaspoon of vanilla
* 1/3 cup of raisins
* 1 teaspoon of baking soda
* Sprinkling of salt
* 3/4 cup of sugar
* 1 and a half cups of flour
* Wooden spoon
* Cup (to measure your ingredients)
* A teaspoon
* A large bowl
* 4*8 deep loaf pan
* Cooling rack
You don’t have to include the raisins if you don’t like them or don’t have any in the kitchen, they are just an additional ingredient that I used to make my easy banana bread recipe that little bit more tasty.
How to make banana bread
So you have all of your ingredients in front of you, now it is time for a very brief explanation to highlight just how easy this banana bread recipe actually is. In fact it should not take you any more than five minutes to prepare the banana bread before popping it in the over for approximately one hour.
1. Before you get your hands on the ingredients, put the oven on at 175 decrees C, or 350 degrees F, this is to ensure that is has preheated by the time you pop your banana bread mix in it to cook.
2. Peel the bananas and put them in the bowl and proceed to mash them up with the fork.
3. Grab your wooden spoon and mix the butter into mashed up banana in the bowl.
4. Next add the egg and continue to mix, before then adding the raisins, sugar and vanilla, continuing to mix.
5. While you are still mixing add the salt and the baking soda.
6. Next add the flour and mix some more.
7. Butter the pan before pouring/scooping the mixture into it.
8.Place in the oven for an hour.
9. Remove from the oven and place on cooling rack
As you can see this simple banana bread recipe can be achieved in 10 quick and easy steps, by anyone no matter what their level of expertise in the kitchen.
Calories in banana bread
If you are somebody who is watching their weight and counting the calories then the number of calories in banana bread may be of interest to you. It is difficult to put an exact number on each slice but I would say that there are approximately 220-240 calories in each slice of banana bread.
I can also add though that there are various nutritional benefits you can obtain from eating banana bread, with the exact nutrients that it contains listed below:
* Vitamin A
* Vitamin C
I hope that you have found my simple banana bread recipe useful and that you will be giving it a go at home yourself.