Find Beneficial & Natural Remedies For Insomnia Through Ayurveda
Insomnia is also known as ‘anidra’ in Ayurveda. According to Ayurvedic scholars, the ‘pitha’ and the ‘doshas’ are the main reasons for giving you sleepless nights. It is a deprived condition wherein a person doesn’t have proper rest and sleep, which affects his entire health and daily functioning.
Some prime causes for insomnia are a busy lifestyle, high work stress, irregular sleeping cycles, addiction to cell phones, and other kinds of modern devices. Restful sleep, balanced diet, and simple lifestyle are the three main foundations of any Ayurvedic therapeutic treatment.
The wealth of Ayurvedic herbs and different types of medicines for Anidra or insomnia:
- Brahmi Herb: This herb is a power-packed tonic for the human brain, which helps in improving your mental health. Brahmi is also an effective tranquilizer and a wonderful Ayurvedic medicine for insomnia. Just taking Brahmi powder or Brahmi tea before going to bed can induce a deep slumber.
- Ashwagandha Herb: It is used as an Ayurvedic tonic for providing vigor and energy. It helps in co-ordinating the reflexes of your brain and mind. And it results in getting good quality sleep. The normal Ayurvedic treatment for insomnia with Ashwagandha herb is usually an herbal powder. The dosage can be taken along with a glass of warm milk.
- Valerian Herb: The Indian herb valerian helps to clear out body toxins, especially from the colon, joints, blood vessels and nerve channels. This flushing activity rejuvenates and infuses new vitality in the body. However, valerian herb should be taken in combination with other herbal concoctions.
- Vacha Herb: This herb is used to treat common ailments such as headache, cold and insomnia. Vacha is known as ‘Acorus Calamus’ and is an effective Ayurvedic medicine. In India, the herb is rubbed against a stone and the paste is given to tiny tots for improving their speech and memory.
There are numerous Ayurvedic herbal remedies for insomnia. Other medicines include Nidrodaya rasa, pipplimula churna, vatakulantaka and swamamakhshik bhasma. They may be available in powder or churna form at ayurvedic health stores.
According to Ayurvedic studies, primary root causes of sleeplessness are as follows:
- Toxins accumulated in the body that blocks natural circulation
- Poor dietary habits and low nutrition levels
- An imbalanced nervous system and a weak digestive system
- Constant accumulation of mental stress coupled with the tired physical condition
- Low natural immunity power
- Total disturbance of the natural biological clock
The allopathic drugs often ignore these root causes and provide medications for a temporary cure. Many of the body factors are not addressed and as a result, the condition soon becomes chronic. Innumerable people suffer from insomnia and try to find transitory or short-term relief.
However, Ayurveda delves deep into the intricate workings of human mind and body. It prepares you to transform and achieve perfect health through gradual lifestyle changes. A reputed Ayurvedic practitioner may advise you to take up yoga and other breathing exercises to balance the doshas in your body. Correct yogic practises can build your natural immunity against diseases and bring about the perfect balance of the bodily elements. Once the balance is restored, the insomnia condition is automatically rectified.
Ancient Ayurveda Science and Insomnia
Since ancient times, before the advent of conventional allopathy doctors, the great science of Ayurveda was used for healing mind and body illnesses. Ayurvedic medicines are like a vast ocean offering 100% natural herbal medications.
Ayurveda is part and parcel of Indian heritage. The expert Ayurvedic physicians believe that the olden science is based on three basic principles mainly; perception interference and oral testimony. These experts use their knowledge and experience to treat insomniac patients, who lose sleep on a regular basis. They lay emphasis on the importance of timely sleeping habits and waking up early. A good night’s sleep can refresh you and clear your mind of all negative vibrations. Similarly, getting undisturbed sleep at night is very important to relax the brain as well as mind and for the flow of peaceful thought patterns.