Face Cream Reviews – 7 Things You Must Know
Let’s face it… with all the skin care companies out there rallying for your attention it is tough to know what products are worth your money and time. It is particularly difficult finding good face creams because the skin on our face is so sensitive and we have to be very careful about what we apply to it. By doing a face cream review, we can narrow down our choices based on a group of important factors. Here are 7 things you must know before reviewing face creams and deciding on your product of choice.
- Read testimonials by customers and avoid reading face cream reviews written by companies. You can only take sales pitches with a grain of salt. The customers who have tried and tested the products are the best sources.
- When doing any face cream review, remember that a hefty price tag is not a guarantee that the product is good. You may be surprised to find that there are good products out there that are priced reasonably because little money is spent on advertisements and marketing and definitely not because quality is sacrificed. In fact, it is quite the opposite.
- Educate yourself about the best active ingredients for face creams prior to doing face cream reviews. Some important and effective natural ingredients to look out for include functional keratin, coenzyme Q10 in the nano-emulsion form, and wakame.
- When you do a face cream review, compare the percentages of active ingredients that these different products contain. Aim for products that consist of at least 50% active ingredients.
- Leave out products containing SPF factors from your face cream reviews. SPF factors are not going to help prevent skin cancer. The ingredients they consist of have actually been linked to cancer in scientific studies.
- Only include products that have signed the Compact for Safe Cosmetics in your face cream review. By signing this compact, companies pledge that they do not use harmful chemical ingredients in their skin care products.
- Want your face cream to not just moisturize your skin but also reverse the signs of aging? Only include products in your face cream review that combat the three main causes of aging, which are the loss of hyaluronic acid, free radical damage, and loss of collagen and elastin.
Do yourself a favor and conduct face cream reviews with all of the above in mind. Ignore the glossy images advertising mediocre face creams in big magazines and take a moment to consider what really matters. It won’t take you long to realize that good face creams that are natural and effective do exist; you just have to do your homework before you can find them.