4 Imperative Ways For Saving Energy On The Commercial Refrigeration
The commercial refrigeration units may cause the owners a hefty bill running into thousands of dollars if energy-saving tips are not applied. These units are heat and cold processes and mostly used for the food and processing industry.
Many grocery stores also have a deep freezing system to protect varied types of food products. According to an estimate by the Energy Department, the commercial refrigeration consumes around 17,000 KW hours of electricity. The larger units may use 38,000 KW hours of electricity.
Here are four vital energy-saving methods that can improve the process efficiency of such refrigerators:
1.Cleaning the System
The condenser and evaporator coils should be thoroughly dirt-free, which will maximize its lifespan. The dirty coils in this system will cause it to work hard. As a result, it will pull the amps. It is advisable to clean the coils and keeps them dirt-free to save on the energy. This will help in saving extra bucks on the system.
2.Choose Good Refrigeration Equipment
It is advisable to purchase the energy-saving refrigeration unit in order to save money for the electricity bill too. One can go for the following buying choices:
- Choose energy-saving models to save on the life of a machine.
- The installed controller with advanced energy-saving methods will help in increasing the performance of the equipment.
- The insulation system with 75 mm thickness and higher quality increases the efficiency.
- The cabinets with self-closing doors and qualitative gaskets will provide a tight seal.
3.Follows Energy Department Standards
The refrigerators purchased by the grocery stores or food industries must follow the latest standards of the Energy Department. These new standards will increase the working efficiency by 30%. They will cut down on the unnecessary energy usage thereby help to save the bills.
- Use the anti-sweat heaters that cause a condensation condition on the display door.
- Installation of the motion detectors to control the lighting system
- A regular check should carry on the automatic door closer operations.
The preventive measures for the maintenance of such refrigerators will meet the energy-efficiency needs. The owners can take services from a renowned company that provides guaranteed and economical parts. This will further reduce the running cost of equipment to nearly 20%. One can look forward to the following points for maintaining their refrigeration equipment.
- Follow recommendations provided by the manufacturers.
- Stick to the regular maintenance program to reduce the risk of equipment’s breakdown.
- Keep a check on the gaskets and self-closing doors. Get proper cleaning done by the reputed service providers.