Growing Beautiful Fingernails After Gastric Bypass Surgery
After gastric sleeve procedure, it’s hard to get proper bariatric nutrition. One of the first places that poor nutrition manifests is in the health and beauty of your nails.
Beautiful, long, strong, perfectly polished nails require good nutrition.
Your nails are made of laminated layers of protein called keratin. Fingernails grow from the base of your nails, under your cuticles, up towards your fingertips. When the new nail grows, it pushes the old nail out. That part of your nail becomes hard and compacted.
When you can only eat small amounts of food at a time, it’s hard to get the nutrition you need to have healthy looking fingernails and good health. If your nails are thin and brittle, or if they’re cracking and splitting, you’re not getting the right nutritional support to grow beautiful fingernails.
Biotin is a B vitamin that is important for growing strong fingernails and also growing strong hair. Sometimes Biotin is referenced as Vitamin H.
You can find natural biotin in brewer’s yeast, soybeans, and brown rice. Biotin is crucial for the production of keratin, the material that makes up your nails! A side benefit of Vitamin H is that it helps you maintain a steady blood sugar level.
MSM, also known as Methylsulphonylmethane, is a type of sulphur that is found in all living things, plant and animal. It’s critical for normal body and organ functioning. and MSM creates keratin and collagen, so it contributes to strong, healthy nails and skin. You may have heard of MSM because many doctors recommend it for arthritis type problems. MSM is not a food additive or a vitamin. MSM is depleted from our bodies by highly processed foods.
Zinc deficicienceies can be indicated by white spots on the nail bed.
Herbs like borage are high in gamma-linolenic acid, which is an essential fatty acid that is crucial to grown long nails.
Have you noticed that your nails grow faster in the summer and slower in the winter. But at best, fingernails still only grow an average of 3mm/month. So it may take some time before you can see nutritional changes in your nails.
Use bariatric supplements to help improve the health of your fingernails, as well as your hair and skin.
Aside from using bariatric supplements, here are some tips to help your nails grow out stronger and more beautiful:
1) Massage your nails. This increases blood flow and will help your new nails to come in faster. It also feels pleasant!
2) Handwashing is great for disease prevention, but not so nice for your skin or your fingernails. Put moisture back into your hands by moisturizing after each time you wash your hands. Don’t forget to rub the moisturizer into your nails and cuticles.
3) Fingernails can be damaged by chores like washing dishes, so wear gloves. You will be far less likely to break your nails!
4) Regular, professional manicures can keep your nails in good condition and help them grow out stronger.
5) Keep. You can avoid nail tears getting worse by filing the nail down the moment you get a snag.
If you don’t have good nutrition, there’s no way you can have beautiful fingernails. Bariatric vitamins can help supplement when you can’t always eat right.