2 Delicious Healthy Breakfast Ideas for Weight Loss
There is nothing worse than having to eat the same boring meals over and over again. The notion that healthy eating has to be boring to be beneficial is one of the biggest misconceptions and it really bugs me. You can enjoy delicious foods and to prove it, I’m going to give you 2 delicious healthy breakfast ideas for weight loss. These meals are perfect for breakfast (regardless of what time you have it) and are very easy to make.
The first healthy breakfast idea for weight loss is a mixed nut granola recipe that really is healthy and delicious. The problem with store bought granola is they are usually loaded with sugars. On top of that, the recommended serving sizes are a lot smaller than what an average person would eat. Typically on the packets of granola the recommended serving size would be around 40g whereas in reality a bowl of granola would be anywhere from 100-150g. This can be problematic and can lead to overeating very quickly. For the nuts in this healthy breakfast idea for weight loss you can either use mixed nuts or stick with whatever your favourite is, my favourites in this recipe are almonds, hazelnuts and walnuts.
• 200g rolled oats (Gluten free )
• 10g organic butter, melted
• 120g chopped mixed nuts
• 1 tsp. vanilla
• 2 tsps. minced fresh ginger
1. Preheat the oven to 300°F/150°C.
2. Thoroughly combine rolled oats and melted butter in a mixing bowl. Transfer to a large baking dish and spread out evenly.
3. Bake for 45-55 minutes, stirring every ten minutes, until oats are lightly coloured. Add nuts, ginger, and vanilla 20 minutes into the baking time and stir in thoroughly.
4. Serve or store in a covered container. Will keep, refrigerated, for up to two weeks.
Special Breakfast Eggs
• 2 organic eggs, beaten
• a handful of frozen or fresh peas
• a handful of (7 or so) chunky and juicy tiger prawns
• hymalayan rock salt, ground black pepper
• handful of chopped coriander
• coconut oil
1. Heat a frying pan with butter or coconut oil.
2. Add the beaten eggs and let them cook as you scramble them.
3. Add the peas and prawns, salt and pepper to taste.
4. Mix it all well until eggs are cooked.
5. Serve hot sprinkled with coriander.
This is one of my favourite healthy breakfast ideas for weight loss because there’s a sense of class and sophistication about this recipe. It’s high in protein and healthy fats and is perfect way to break your fast. Enjoy and if you try them do let me know if you liked them or would recommend any changes to them.